Thanks to modern technology, buying wine online has never been easier. You can get your favorite wine bottles delivered right to your door at the press of a button. You don’t even have to put on shoes to make a late-night grocery store run. All you need is a computer or mobile device and a credit card to to order wine delivery from the comfort of your home.
But with so many options available, knowing where to buy wine online and which bottles to purchase can be overwhelming. We’re here to help so you can buy wine online the right way.
How Does Buying Wine Online Work?
Buying wine online is simple. Just follow these five steps:
- Find a reputable wine delivery service
- Select the bottles you want
- Add the bottles to your cart
- Enter your payment and delivery information
- Submit your order
The beauty of buying through a wine delivery service is that you can get as many bottles as you want as often as you want. You can start small with a bottle or two then work your way up to a case of several different wines. The choice is yours. Depending on where you live, you might even have access to local wineries or wine stores that offer home delivery. That way you can receive shipments faster while supporting a local business.
How Does Online Wine Delivery Work?
There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing wine online.
- You must be 21 years or older to place an online wine order.
- Different states have different wine shipment regulations. Some states don’t allow residents to receive wine shipments at all while others just don’t allow shipments from other states. Check your state’s alcohol regulations before placing an order to avoid wasting time and money.
- Most delivery companies require an in-person signature from an adult who’s 21 or older for wine shipments.
- Wine and high temperatures (i.e. over about 70 degrees Fahrenheit) don’t mix well. Too much time in the heat can change the wine’s integrity and taint its flavor. If you place an order during the hot spring or summer months, we recommend asking the delivery company to hold your order at a nearby facility. This step will ensure the bottles are protected from extreme heat, which will keep the flavors intact and help prevent the wine from going bad.
3 Things to Look for When Buying Wine Online
Look for these three features when purchasing wine bottles online.
The top two benefits of wine delivery services are convenience and variety. An online wine store should have an equal, if not greater, bottle selection than a traditional brick-and-mortar store that sells wine. The first sign of a quality online wine store is a generous bottle selection.
It can be difficult to find a good balance between quality and price. The best online wine platforms will offer a range of bottle quality and price, including some that land in the middle of the spectrum. Most platforms allow you to filter the selection by price. Some online wine stores will run seasonal deals and offer special discounts, like for first-time customers. Watch for those so you can get your favorite bottles of wine on a budget.
Online wine stores with hard-to-find wine labels show that they know the value of quality wine. You should also choose a company with good customer reviews. A personal recommendation from a fellow wine lover goes an especially long way.
The Market’s #1 Online Wine Store
If you’re wondering where the best place is to buy wine online, look no further than The Wine Cellar! We source boutique-style wines from around the world to ensure an extensive variety of the highest-quality bottles for our customers. We package each bottle with care so you can rest easy knowing your shipment will arrive on time and undamaged. Explore our Cellar Collection for a wide selection of wines or find a wine store near you to get started.
Enter code SHIP6 at checkout for free shipping on any six bottles or more from our Cellar Collection. This offer is valid through 4/28/2024.